Little Kiwi and Bauhaus

Little Kiwi and Bauhaus
A Boy and His Dog

Friday 8 July 2011

my first trip to Fire Island

*sighhhhh*
Highly-emotional trip I had. I've been reading about Fire Island since my late teens. And I realized, when I finally made my pilgrimage there this summer, that I'd never truly allowed myself to think about "what it will be like when I finally visit it"; I'd never allowed myself to think that one day I'd get there. Well, I made it. For once, I'm struggling to find the words to describe it. Ethan Mordden was right - it's magical.
There are many stories about my trip to tell, and even more to share only between the closest of friends. For now, a glimpse of what I was seeing and feeling.


1 comment:

gregory said...

How lovely, n sweet :) ... rarely see a vid which captures more the calm and tranquil melancholy beauty of the Island... as I can't be there this summer, thanks for sharing a moment, and taking me down the endeared boardwalks to the majesty of the sea. Yes that little piece of the world is a very special place! Enjoy every moment... big hugz! gregory

Little Kiwi Loves Bauhaus

Little Kiwi Loves Bauhaus
Good Dog!