Little Kiwi and Bauhaus

Little Kiwi and Bauhaus
A Boy and His Dog

Friday 19 September 2008

In the Parade


Ok, so first I was in the Pride parade. A year later my parents were in it (marching with PFLAG, or PFFLAG, or PFFLAAGBTQBBQ or whichever new letters have recently been added. You all know what I'm talking about anyway).
Then, in Pride 2008, we marched together. My parents with their signs, and me with my lil'homemade banner that read, in pure LittleKiwi fashion, MY PARENTS ROCK!!!
Here's a video that captures a few of my fave observations from the parade. I just randomly found it on youtube, and amazingly, me and my parents are in it. WOOHOO!
It's amazing....this parade is about Diversity and Love. You see all these images of scantily clad men and women that social-conservatives take issue with. (Um...as far as I'm concerned, it's a day about being who you are, no matter who you are, so by all means, shake what your momma gave you, my friends. it don't harm me!)
Pride is what you make of it. For me, my friends, and my family, it's about sharing stories, sharing love, and bonding with my Brothers and Sisters I have not yet met, even though we've shared very richly emotional journey in our own lives. The Old-Fort gays who opened the door for a young guy like me.  The New Blood, just coming out now, in the New Millenium.  I love meeting and spending time with both. Sharing Our Collective Histories. Memories of how things were. Hopes for how things will one day be.
PRIDE FOREVER
Sexy girls. Sexy boys. But the biggest cheers from the crowd? PFLAG, baby.
Things to watch for:
0:13 - um...what kind of dance move is that?
0:15 - eek. There is where vogue goes to die. Bless.
1:00 - funny green bike eco-cabs! woohoo!
2:36 - YAY! It's me and my parents!! WOOHOOOO! Look how happy and proud we are! YAY!
2:47 - my parents hug. AWWWWWWWWWWWW!

YAYY!

No comments:

Little Kiwi Loves Bauhaus

Little Kiwi Loves Bauhaus
Good Dog!